The Pathways Curriculum includes a total of 45 credits over 7 core concepts and 2 integrative concepts. Students choose courses from the different concept categories to fulfill the credit hour requirements. Many AP, IB, dual enrollment, and transfer courses may count for credit.
Some students might pursue a Pathways Minor or an Alternative Pathway as a means of completing a portion of the requirements. Navigate the tabs below to learn more about these components of the Pathways curriculum.
Download the Pathways Structure flyer.
Some students might complete a Pathways Minor to experience the breadth of learning in general education as well as depth and integration through a cross-disciplinary minor program. Check them out on the Pathways Minor Showcase page.
Pathways Minor Requirements:
- Include at least 3 core concepts and both integrative concepts
- Include at least 18 credits with a minimum of 6 at the 3000-4000 level
- Include a foundational and capstone experience
- Students completing minor will earn 9 Pathways credits or more
- All students undertaking Pathways Minors must still complete the remainder of the Pathways credit hours and concepts not covered by the minor
Some students might participate in high impact learning experiences offered in order to meet portions of the Pathways concepts with more flexibility. This Pathway could include: study abroad, co-curricular experiences, internships, undergraduate research, and other opportunities. Get the applications from the Forms page.
Alternative Pathway Requirements:
- Meet 3 core concepts and both integrative concepts
- Must be a minimum of 9 credit hours
- Must be overseen by a faculty advisor
- Must be submitted and approved by UCCGE prior to being offered
- All students undertaking Alternative Pathways must still complete the remainder of the Pathways credit hours and concepts not covered by the Alternative Pathway