ACIS 1004: Accounting Foundations
Introductory accounting requires only basic arithmetic skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. That's it! Accounting Foundations is a Pathways 5F designed for everyone.
How is Accounting Foundations designed for your success?
- Flexible Schedule - Accounting Foundations is offered online, asynchronously Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall. You set the pace by progressing through the course as quickly or as slowly as you wish. The instructor and teaching assistants are available for tutoring each week.
- Built-in 2nd Chances - While most students perform very well on exams in their first try, you can retake exams (or any other assignments) until you get what you want from them. There are no late penalties for missing suggested due dates.
- Competency-based Grading - Exams are graded pass/fail and your final grade is based on how many exams you pass during the semester. Learn as much accounting as you can and earn a good grade, even if you do not master all the course content.
- Student Choice - The instructor has built a variety of resources to support your learning. You have the freedom to choose the resources that are right for you, and skip those that are less helpful.
Why take it?
Accounting focuses on the financial, and increasingly environmental and social, implications of business activities. Whether you are trying to turn your talent into a career or you are planning to fuel your passion by serving your community, the numbers have to work. Accounting can provide a foundation for better decision making so your business, organization, or non-profit can survive and grow.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
All course resources are provided in Canvas; no textbook, software or website access code purchases required.
This course fulfills Pathways requirements in Foundational Quantitative and Computational Thinking and Ethical Reasoning (5F).
Accounting Foundations is included in 3 Pathways Minors:
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategic Communication