Complementing VT Majors with Pathways Minors
The Pathways General Education curriculum is a central component of the undergraduate experience at Virginia Tech. Alongside coursework required for their majors, students must also complete credits from nine Pathways concepts (seven core concepts and two integrative concepts).
Pathways minors provide an opportunity for students to complete their Pathways general education requirements while also:
- exploring their passions and interests;
- complementing their major with a cross-disciplinary minor; and
- enhancing their future career prospects.
Wondering which Pathways minor is right for you? The following suggestions can help you choose!
- Consult your major’s checksheet or your advisor to determine which Pathways concepts you need to fulfill outside of your major.
- Use the table at the bottom of this page to identify minors that offer courses for the concepts you need to fulfill. For example, if you will satisfy your requirements for Pathways concepts 1, 4, 5, and 6 in your major, you may choose to explore minors that satisfy concepts 2, 3, and 7.
- Check out the minor showcase page to learn more about each minor.
- Review examples of how Pathways minors can complement majors within your college (click on your college below).